We are delighted to announce our fifth print by artist Gerry Grace in The Covers Collection. Over the past four years, it has been our honor to include prints of Gerry’s art from the U.K. covers of IT, The Long Walk, Pet Sematary, and Christine. This month, we bring you our final Gerry Grace print, the cover art from the 1st U.K. paperback edition of Thinner.
While the 1st U.S. edition of Thinner was released on November 19, 1984, Constant Readers across the pond would not get to read Stephen King’s dark tale of gypsies, curses and bitter grudges until early 1985, and it wouldn’t be until 1986 that the novel was released there in paperback.
The 1st U.K. paperback edition features Gerry’s breathtaking artwork of the gypsy tribe working their magic while holding hands around a fire. Reminiscent of his previous work on the cover of Pet Sematary, Grace here again uses the power of the circle and an imagined shape rising into the sky. Previously relegated to a small section taking up less than 50% of the paperback’s cover, this incredible work of art is now available for the first time in its full-sized glory and without cover text as a beautiful giclée print.
These prints are hand-signed by Gerry Grace. Exclusively available through Suntup Editions for your private collection, and limited to just 50 signed copies per size, worldwide.
- Museum Quality Giclée prints.
- Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
- Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
- Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
- Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
- Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: February 1, 2021
Available for Pre-Order: January 15, 2021
Large Size: 18″ x 24″
Small Size: 11″ x 17″
Illustrations © 1986-2021 by Gerry Grace.