This month, we are delighted to present the first of three iconic covers from British artist Steve Crisp. This artwork which graced the first U.K. hardcover edition of Skeleton Crew is our latest addition to The Covers Collection.
While Stephen King’s first collection, Night Shift, featured only short stories, his second collection, Skeleton Crew, was a more versatile outing that included a novella (“The Mist”), poetry (“Paranoid: A Chant,” “For Owen”), and even some of his earliest writings (“Here There Be Tygers”). Published in June 1985 in the US by Putman and in the UK by MacDonald & Co, artist Steve Crisp’s frightful skeleton-reaper with upturned tarot cards was an instant fan favorite featured exclusively on the U.K. 1st edition cover. Now this iconic artwork can be enjoyed for the first time without cover text, as a beautifully printed giclée print.
All prints are hand-signed by Steve Crisp. Exclusively available through Suntup Editions for your private collection, and limited to just 50 signed copies per size, worldwide.
- Museum Quality Giclée prints.
- Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
- Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
- Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
- Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
- Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: March 1, 2020
Available for Pre-Order: February 15, 2020
Large Size: 18″ x 24″
Small Size: 12″ x 17″
Illustrations © 1985-2020 by Steve Crisp.