The Covers Collection – Needful Things (U.K.)
February 15, 2021
This month, we are delighted to announce the second of our three iconic covers from British artist Steve Crisp. Previously, we published Crisp’s first U.K. edition cover of Skeleton Crew. Now, we present the penultimate Steve Crisp cover print, the artwork which graced the first U.K. edition of Needful Things.
Originally published in 1991, Needful Things was billed as “the last Castle Rock story.” Since 1991, King has returned to Castle Rock only a handful of times, including the short story “It Grows On You” (published in King’s 1993 collection Nightmares and Dreamscapes, which, according to King, serves as an epilogue to Needful Things) and the novella Elevation (2018). Needful Things remains one of the beloved works in King’s bibliography and serves as a sensational send-off to one of horror literature’s most famous fictional towns. For the first U.K. hardcover edition, Steve Crisp gives us a peek into the window of the dreaded store that is the title’s namesake. Now this iconic artwork can be enjoyed for the first time without cover text, as a beautifully printed giclée print.
All prints are hand-signed by Steve Crisp. Exclusively available through Suntup Editions for your private collection, and limited to just 50 signed copies per size, worldwide.
- Museum Quality Giclée prints.
- Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
- Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
- Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
- Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
- Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: March 1, 2021
Available for Pre-Order: February 15, 2021
Large Size: 18″ x 21″
Small Size: 12.5″ x 14″
Illustrations © 1991-2021 by Steve Crisp.