We are delighted to present another stunning cover by British artist Paul Bryn Davies. Previously, we have released prints of Davies’ iconic covers for IT, Misery, The Dark Half, and The Dark Half (Alternate Cover). Now we are pleased to offer the art that appeared on the 1st U.K. hardcover edition of Nightmares & Dreamscapes.
Published in 1993, Nightmares & Dreamscapes was Stephen King’s third short story collection, featuring twenty-five short stories, five of which were previously unpublished. Of the many iconic King covers Paul Bryn Davies has worked on, Nightmares & Dreamscapes required the most work. Davies created a total of fourteen potential cover illustrations for King’s U.K. publishers at Hodder & Stoughton. In the end, they went with the very first illustration he submitted. This artwork can now be enjoyed for the first time without cover text as a beautiful giclée print.
All prints are hand-signed by Davies, who continues his series of beautiful remarques with this print. Usually, remarques are reserved only for the first 20 large print subscribers, but Davies decided to also remarque the first 20 small prints.
Please note: If you are a small print subscriber and your number is between 1 and 20, you will automatically receive a remarqued print. There will be a slight upcharge of $20, and you can opt-out of the upgrade via email.
- Museum Quality Giclée prints.
- Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
- Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
- Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
- Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
- Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Release Date: September 1, 2020
Available for Pre-Order: August 15, 2020
Large Size: 15.5″ x 24″
Small Size: 10.5″ x 17″
Illustrations © 1993-2020 by Paul Bryn Davies.